Image Map
Filing a Michigan Mini-Tort Claim
This is my site Written by jdlash on September 1, 2009 – 09:57 pm09

Filing a Mini-Tort claim is easy if you know the steps. In Michigan the maximum you can get back for damages to your vehicle is $500. It only takes a little time and is well worth it. The key is that you have to be less then 50% at fault in the accident. Follow these 4 steps to get your Mini-tort money.

Get Quotes Now

The first step is to get an estimate from the body shop. You have to prove to the other person’s insurance company that you have the damages. You can go to a local body shop to get this done. They will write up an estimate in a couple of minutes.

The second thing you need is the police report. Go down to the police station in the city the accident occurred, or call and request a copy of the police report. This usually costs a couple of dollars.

The third and last thing you need is the other person’s insurance information. In Michigan it can be found on the police report. As long as you know the company they are with and the policy number you should be all set. If you don’t have a policy number, but know the company they are with they can usually look it up by address.

You are now ready for the final step. Look up the company that the other driver is with and call their claims department. They will walk you through the whole thing and gather the information that you already have in hand. You will usually get the money in about 2-3 weeks. This is all there is to filing a Michigan Mini Tort Claim. If you aren’t happy with the insurance agency your with and not getting valuable information like this from them, then get Michigan Auto Insurance Quotes with us.

Other helpful articles:

Understanding Michigan Insurance, Tips to Save On Michigan Car Insurance

Comments are closed.